Social Funds

Support in financial emergencies


For all students who are in a particular financial emergency, there is the possibility to apply for a one-time support from the social fund every 12 months.

The resources for this social fund are provided in equal parts by the ÖH-Bundesvertretung, the Bundesministerium für Wissenschaft und Forschung (bmwf) and the ÖH-DUK.


  • You are an ÖH member (you have paid the ÖH contribution by paying the course fee or continuation fee).
  • You are socially needy according to the social fund guidelines.
  • You do not live with your parents.
  • You do not receive a student grant.
  • Your study success is adequate and fulfills the social fund guidelines.


  • fill out the application form
  • enclose the necessary documents
  • Submitting the application: by e-mail, mail or in person at the ÖH-Bundesvertretung or at the ÖH-Büro.
    We will gladly forward your application to the federal representation!


  • All required documents must be enclosed, otherwise the application will be automatically rejected!
  • Be sure to follow the guidelines on the amount of expenses and income!

Application form and guidelines:

You can find all information, the guidelines as well as the application form on the website of the ÖH-Bundesvertretung.

Contact Social Fund:

Social Department of the ÖH-Bundesvertretung
Taubstummengasse 7-9/4th floor
1040 Vienna